Yemen, new Massacre against Schoolchildren
A Saudi-led coalition air strike committed a new brutal massacre near a primary school in the Nihm district north Yemen, claiming the lives of at least 9 students and a teacher and wounding 15 others.
Although the coalition claimed it does not target civilians, the UN said its air strikes have caused thousands of civilian deaths and injuries. Saba news agency cited residents and rescuers as saying the al-Falah primary school, about 53km north-west of the capital Sanaa, had been flattened in Tuesday’s attack.
In this regard, the UN says more than 1,600 schools are currently unfit for use due to damage, presence of displaced people, or occupation by combatants. Some two million children are out of school.
In August, 10 children were martyred in what medics said was a coalition air strike on a Koranic school in the northern province of Saada. However, a coalition investigation subsequently concluded it had not bombed the area at the time of the incident.
Source: News Agencies